Thank you for seeking our services. As you will notice, actual fees are not listed as they are established by the individual professional. However, below is general information that you may need to know.
- Psychological services are not covered by OHIP, but many extended health care insurance plans cover all or a portion of the cost.
- Reimbursement from extended health plans may require a written referral from your physician.
- Fees are paid at the time of service, and a receipt is issued at the time of payment for reimbursement by your insurer.
- Obtaining reimbursement from third party insurance companies is the responsibility of the client.
- Fees can be paid by personal cheque, cash, debit, Visa, MasterCard, or e-transfer. Please check with your clinician about the different payment options they accept.
- Psychological services are exempt from HST and may qualify as a medical expense for income tax purposes.
- A fee of $10.00 will be charged for a cheque returned for any reason. A charge will also be applied if appointments are missed or cancelled with less than 24 hours notice.
Please be sure that you check the following with your insurance company:
- Whether psychological services are covered by the policy.
- Whether all members of the family are covered.
- Whether the policy pays a set amount per visit, a portion of the fee per visit, or a total amount regardless of the number of sessions.
- The time period covered by the policy (e.g. a certain amount per calendar year, a fixed number of sessions per year, etc.).
- Whether the session length is specified (e.g. per half hour, per unit, per hour).
- Whether your policy requires a physician’s referral, which will need to be sent to the insurance company with your claim.
- If different members of the same family are seen, it may be possible to bill each individual for a portion of the fees, thereby maximizing the insurance coverage. If a written referral from your physician is required, the written referral will need to reflect this.
- Most insurance companies accept and reimburse based on regular receipts. However, upon specific request, an itemized statement can be provided.